ThinkWell is an emerging health systems development organization that is in a major growth phase. Determined to transcend the status quo, ThinkWell was founded in 2011 to provide bold, creative, and practical solutions to helping low- and middle-income countries achieve universal health coverage.
While our core area of work is health financing, we take a “whole-of-systems” approach, specializing in five practice areas that intersect with health financing: governance, human resources for health, private sector, public financial management, and research and evaluation.
The Operations Coordinator position, based in our Washington DC office, will coordinate the operation functions for ThinkWell’s US office, including, but not limited to, general office management, services and supplies, information technology, staff meetings, document management and office assignments. The position will provide support to the ThinkWell human resources, contracts and communications groups and support for the President/CEO and travel logistics as needed.
The position offers a great opportunity to join a highly dynamic and fast paced environment reporting to the Director, Operations.
• Support the operations team with the following functions: contracts, information technology, human resources, office administration and communications.
• Act as systems administrator; provide general support, guidance and troubleshooting of shared drive, email server, Microsoft 365, and other software systems as needed.
• Support and provide backup to the HR team in the recruitment process, new hire onboarding, personnel file management, HR policy development and dissemination, performance management and offboarding processes.
• Support proposal development in HR and contracts related tasks, including CV formatting, biodata form collection, accuracy review, and other tasks as needed per proposal guidance.
• Assist contracts team in managing contract documents, forms required for proposals and vendor background checks. Maintain registrations and renewals in contractor databases for donors.
• Research donor regulations and requirements for proposal submission and project implementation.
• Assist with registration process in new countries.
• Act as point person for contract with external IT vendor. Manage the contract including invoices, addition of new users, trainings and tools. Support migration/s to new company software as needed
• Support Communications team in formatting technical reports, proposals, powerpoints and internal/external communications for content and grammar and ensure reports are formatted to ThinkWell or donor branding standards.
• Assist with event planning including researching and booking domestic and overseas venues for conferences and workshops. Support travel planning for ThinkWell staff, consultants and sponsored attendees.
• Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs in collaboration with other operations staff. Track required forms as needed.
• Work collaboratively with operations staff to schedule meetings, training and other tasks.
• Serve as point of contact between country offices and US based operations team for operations related issues
• Work closely and effectively with the operations team and CEO to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Act as backup support to the Executive Administrator as needed
• Other duties as assigned.