ThinkWell is an emerging health systems development organization that is currently in a major growth phase. While our core area of work is health financing, we take a health systems approach that includes human resources for health, health information systems, private sector engagement, and research and evaluation. As part of the USAID Bangladesh Advancing Universal Health Care (AUHC) project, we are looking for a Product Development Lead. The AUHC project will transition the management of 399 Surjer Hashi Network (SHN) clinics that are currently being managed by 25 NGOs to a newly formed social enterprise. To prepare for this transition, and through-out the life of the project, there are continuous requirements of product and service development, modification and sales activities that will generate a significant amount of business for SHN to be sustainable. This role will be heavily involved in prototyping, validation and improvement across AUHC product and service portfolio that will generate significant revenue. This position is a full-time position based in Bangladesh AUHC project offices in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Within the AUHC project, ThinkWell will lead the incubator unit which will provide strategic and technical support to the newly established Surjer Hashi (Smiling Sun) Network (SHN), a sustainable pro-poor social enterprise. You will work across the AUHC leadership and technical teams to assist with product and service development strategy, pilot and prototype activities so that USAID requirement on the product portfolio, sales and distribution and revenue generation are well performed. You will work closely with the senior management to design various health related products for B2B, B2C and B2G base for SHN. The network has been practicing an Access based database with 4.2 million service statistics every month. The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
· You are a start-up minded person. You are interested to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done. As a part of revenue and growth team you will work with cross functional teams and will be required to influence more than manage.
· Translates health related product and service strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
· Gains a deep understanding of users’ experience, identifies and fills product gaps and generates new ideas that grow market share, improve user engagement and drive growth.
· Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes or pricing changes.
· Works closely with partnership and analytics team for projections.
· Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products. Scopes and prioritizes activities based on business and user impact.
· Works closely with system and design teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources. Drives product and services launches including working with relevant teams, executives, and other product management team members.
· Evaluates promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
· Has strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Can work in joint task force for quick delivery and manage a simple communication flow across functions.
· Has strong coordination and organizational skills.
Skills and Competencies