ThinkWell is an emerging health systems development organization that is currently in a major growth phase. While our core area of work is health financing, we take a health systems approach that includes human resources for health, health information systems, private sector engagement, and research and evaluation. As part of the USAID Bangladesh Advancing Universal Health Care (AUHC) project, we are looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Coordinator. The AUHC project will transition the management of 399 Surjer Hashi Network (SHN) clinics that are currently being managed by 25 NGOs to a newly formed social enterprise. To prepare for this transition, and through-out the life of the project, there are assessments, research studies and other activities that will generate a significant amount of data and information. This data will be used to inform this transition as well as guide SHN programmatically. MERL Coordinator position is a full-time position based in Bangladesh AUHC project offices in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Within the AUHC project, ThinkWell will lead the incubator unit which will provide strategic and technical support to the newly established Surjer Hashi (Smiling Sun) Network (SHN), a sustainable pro-poor social enterprise. The MERL Coordinator will work across the AUHC technical teams to assist with structuring MERL activities so that USAID requirement on the indicators, data quality assessments, research and learning activities are well performed. This includes but is not limited to developing ME plan, formative research plan, and learning agenda. The MERL coordinator will work closely with the MERL director to design online based data management systems for SHN. The network has been practicing an Access based database with 4.2 million service statistics every month. This position will monitor and evaluate the progress of AUHC service statistics and key PPR indicators for USAID and maintain and update monitoring and evaluation systems and tools for project progress. This position will report to the AUHC Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Research (MERL). The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
· The candidate will hold an advanced degree in information systems and management, statistics, or another relevant field;
· At least five years professional experience in research, learning, monitoring and evaluation preferably in USAID environments.
· Knowledge of health service delivery in Bangladesh and familiarity with USAID data requirements preferred.
· Has experience working with performance indicator selection and results-based planning approaches.
· Has experience with quantitative analytical techniques.
· Strong in essential computer software for database management and analysis (MS Excel, MS Access and SPSS/STATA).
· Has strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Has strong coordination and organizational skills.
· Has experience in writing reports.